Just as your primary doctor may refer you to a specialist, general practice veterinarians rely on our specialists whenever a patient requires more advanced care in a specific treatment area.
At the Veterinary Specialty Center of Delaware (VSCD), we offer an exceptional team of board-certified and board-eligible veterinary specialty doctors representing a wide range of specialty services, including:
- Acupuncture—Acupuncture has been successful for treating disorders of most of the major body systems and can be used in conjunction with general anesthesia to lessen the need for pain medication.
- Anesthesiology—Our board-certified anesthesiologist has nearly 20 years of experience in the most advanced and effective pain blocking and surgical anesthesia techniques.
- Cardiology (heart)—Pets experience heart conditions such as congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, and arrhythmias, many of which can be managed for years.
- Critical care—From our state-of-the-art intensive care unit to the expert coordination efforts of a critical care specialist, pets in our critical and intensive care unit receive individualized attention to address fragile health conditions.
- Dentistry and oral surgery—Oral health in pets is essential to overall health, because bacteria that take root in the mouth can spread into the blood stream and affect the rest of the pet's body.
- Diagnostics and in-house laboratory—When pets are ill, a fast and accurate diagnosis is critical to starting treatment and speeding recovery. Our in-house lab allows us to run a wide variety of diagnostic tests and have results oftentimes within minutes.
- 24/7 emergency services—We hope you never need our emergency services but if you do, we are here every minute of every day with the backing of all of our diagnostic technology and veterinary specialists for your pet's benefit.
- End-of-life care—Dealing with the loss of a pet is never easy. The compassionate staff and doctors of Veterinary Specialty Center of Delaware are committed to easing the process with gentle guidance and support.
- Endoscopy—As one of our minimally invasive tools, our endoscope provides our specialists with a diagnostic and treatment option that can minimize the additional stress experienced by pets who are ill.
- Rehabilitation—The focus of rehabilitation is the restoration of dogs and cats to full or near full function of daily living through physical movement and advanced stimulation and treatment.
- Internal medicine (organs)—Veterinary internists specialize in diagnosing and treating internal diseases such as diabetes, Cushing’s, Addison’s, renal, and GI problems, to name a few.
- Oncology (cancer)—Our board-certified oncologist provides guidance on treatment options, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, and pain control.
- Ophthalmology (eyes)—In addition to diagnosing and treating a wide variety of eye conditions, our ophthalmologists perform both CERF and OFA examinations.
- Pain management—Managing pet pain keeps pets comfortable, allows them to rest and recover, helps them with appetite, and encourages them to resume exercise for continued health.
- Pharmacy—Our pharmacy is always staffed with knowledgeable and helpful veterinary technicians and assistants.
- Radiology—From our digital X-rays and ultrasounds to our CAT scanning, VSCD has the most advanced diagnostic equipment to help determine the best treatment options.
- Surgery—With more than 45 combined years of experience in diagnosing and treating orthopedic, oncologic, neurologic, and general surgery problems, our board-certified surgeons are the best team in the area to treat your pet.
When your veterinarian suggests advanced or specialized care for your pet, rely on the doctors, nurses, and client services team of Veterinary Specialty Center of Delaware.